As part of our commitment to taking action on the global climate crisis we are working with Vision: 2025 to reduce the environmental impacts of our event(s) in key areas through the targets and roadmap in the Vision: 2025 pledge.
Vision: 2025 helps the outdoor events industry take action on the climate crisis, providing advice, tools, resources, news and events for a community of over 500 events and businesses through their website
www.vision2025.org.uk. The Vision: 2025 roadmap and pledge that we have taken are based on the
findings of the Show Must Go On Report (ed.2).
OUR PLEDGE: “We aim to significantly reduce our climate impacts (annual greenhouse gas emissions and other impacts) by 2025. As a Vision: 2025 member, we will put the following measures in place to achieve this:
1. Develop and publish a sustainability strategy with year-on-year emissions reduction targets for Spring Classic.
2. Measure emissions annually.
3. Reduce consumption of fossil fuels onsite.
4. Reduce waste and aim for 50% (or more) recycling rates.
5. Work with audiences, suppliers and artists to positively influence travel choices and reduce travel related emissions.
6. Improve accountability and the sustainability of food sourcing.
7. Working together as an industry to share experiences (positive and negative) about changes we make, sharing best practice and working towards industry standards.
8. Take part in the annual Industry Green Survey so we can track trends and report back to members.
9. Find ways to inspire audiences, artists and supply chain to make positive changes.
Founded in 2015, Vision: 2025 is a not-for-profit driven by a steering group of live events industry associations and leaders in the field of sustainability with a mission to inspire a significant reduction in the climate impacts of the UK outdoor live events sector by 2025, providing the roadmap for a shared journey toward net zero.